Poll: Which position group needs the most love?
This poll is closed.
QB
1.35%
1 1.35%
WR
4.05%
3 4.05%
TE
0%
0 0%
RB
2.70%
2 2.70%
DL
25.68%
19 25.68%
LB
58.11%
43 58.11%
S
6.76%
5 6.76%
CB
1.35%
1 1.35%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement?
(12-04-2016, 07:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They spent a first and a 2nd on those guys at MLB and WLB.  Rivers didn't work out at WLB, but he was not replaced by a bargain guy, he was replaced with Thomas Howard, a second round FA who played very well until being injured and opening the door for Burfict.  It's the SAM position that needs to be addressed, but even there they have tried with Lawson, Hawk, Harrison, and Dansby all being solid NFL players being brought in for the position because the draft hasn't provided a good fit.  So they have not short changed the position.  They just haven't been long term solutions or did not fit the position as expected.  I'm going to give Vigil the benefit of the doubt that he can grow into a replacement for 58, so SAM is the spot that needs to be addressed on the second level.  If Smith can't overtake Williams at safety, then I might say we go there over SAM, but it would be nice to have a good SAM in their.

Good stuff, but you also must remember that the Raiders were dumping Howard for a reason.  They felt that he wasn't living up to his 2nd round pick status.  So, yes he did well with the change of scenery, here with the Bengals, and the Defensive coaches that we had at that time.  Rivers never quite regained his confidence, after the broken jaw.  He was left, as a broken player.  Sad for him, and the team.

The rest of the guys that you speak of, only go to support my position that the team has been filling the voids with low draft picks and free agent scrubs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement? - SunsetBengal - 12-04-2016, 08:00 PM