Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle and the minimum wage increase
(07-20-2015, 08:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sound like they might have over-corrected there.

Another article showed that even the restaurant owners that were in FAVOR of the increase worried that their price increases might hurt bushiness.  I guess the answer would be not increase that much.

Your article said this about the scene in Oakland.

Quote:The wage increase puts more money in the pockets of most restaurant workers, but to keep pace with higher costs, some restaurants have upped menu prices by as much as 20 percent. Others have tacked on a mandatory service charge to the bill and eliminated tips for servers, potentially reducing the amount they earn.

That statement, from your article, would seem to coincide with the snide card from the group in Seattle.  Would it not?

Edit: Heck, for that matter, all this really means is that now even the lame-o servers that used to get stiffed are now making the same as the ones with the booming personalities of bright shining stars, that used to rake in the tip money hand over fist. They, now have to suffer a severe pay cut... How fair is that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle and the minimum wage increase - SunsetBengal - 07-20-2015, 09:05 PM