Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunman At DC Pizza Parlor Was 'Investigating' Right-Wing Conspiracy 'Pizzagate' Lie
(12-05-2016, 04:59 PM)hollodero Wrote: That's just no valid comparison whatsoever.

There is overwhelming evidence that humankind causes global warming. 97% of scientists do agree. By calling that "looney" - just like every completely made up story - you deny tons of evidence, carefully modeled studies and the evaluation of de facto all scientists. 

There's no way to sustain that "looney" view without in the end claiming that 97% of scientists are corrupted and lieing - or at least (the very least) are incompetent, stupid and don't understand their stuff at all. You're willing to say any of that? 

Not hopping in one side or the other on this debate right now, but I do want to point out that 97% isn't all scientists, it is climate scientists.

Unclear if that's more or less convincing of a number then, but I do feel it's an important distinction considering rather than talking about all scientists who might have no financial motive involved in their opinion, you're instead talking about a specific group, who while it's their specialization, are also financially dependent upon Global Warming being a thing. I am sure 97% of oil lobbyists will say Global Warming isn't a thing. Why? Their job depends on it.

It's the same reason why everything known to man these days has been "possibly linked to cancer" by "a study". Scientists don't get paid research grants to find nothing, or if they do, they don't continue to get paid if they said "Nope, nothing here."

Always gotta be cautious when there's heavy financial motive involved.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gunman At DC Pizza Parlor Was 'Investigating' Right-Wing Conspiracy 'Pizzagate' Lie - TheLeonardLeap - 12-05-2016, 05:15 PM