Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunman At DC Pizza Parlor Was 'Investigating' Right-Wing Conspiracy 'Pizzagate' Lie
(12-05-2016, 05:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not hopping in one side or the other on this debate right now, but I do want to point out that 97% isn't all scientists, it is climate scientists.

Unclear if that's more or less convincing of a number then, but I do feel it's an important distinction considering rather than talking about all scientists who might have no financial motive involved in their opinion, you're instead talking about a specific group, who while it's their specialization, are also financially dependent upon Global Warming being a thing. I am sure 97% of oil lobbyists will say Global Warming isn't a thing. Why? Their job depends on it.

It's the same reason why everything known to man these days has been "possibly linked to cancer" by "a study". Scientists don't get paid research grants to find nothing, or if they do, they don't continue to get paid if they said "Nope, nothing here."

Always gotta be cautious when there's heavy financial motive involved.

Nothing you said is inherently untrue.

Don't forget though that being a climate sceptic also does pay quite nicely. Whilst the climate change scientists often reside in a real scientific background, e.g. an university or another research facility. Sure they live off climate change, which per se is no proof whatsoever that climate change isn't real.

And whenever a scientist publishes results, these results get double-checked, you can't just forge or invent data/measures or publish a lie without having to fear that you get caught, discredited and lose your career. And whilst there are always some who risk it and get caught - and maybe some that risk it and don't get caught - even thinking about a money-making scam in this dimension, where almost EVERY climate scientist (btw. I don't think "non-climate scientists" are more opposed to climate change, although you're probably technically right by saying "climate scientists") would have to be in is very far fetched to me.

Just think it through. You go to university, study science, absolve that very hard education with huge motivation (or you don't make it) - just to then use that knowledge to ignore knowledge, forge data and tell a huge lie for your whole scientific life? Believe me. People in science seldomly are motivated by running a scam. They tend to love facts and the truth too much. (Plus, big big money is to be found in other fields, not in science. You're not in science for the money in the first place.)

Therefore comparing climate change to a completely made up story about whatever, like refugees committing mass rapes and police covering the deeds (just an example from here) - is highly uncalled for. The way I see it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gunman At DC Pizza Parlor Was 'Investigating' Right-Wing Conspiracy 'Pizzagate' Lie - hollodero - 12-05-2016, 05:33 PM