Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Granting General Mattis a Waiver
(12-05-2016, 06:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Honestly, I'm not sure why there hasn't been a bigger deal made of it. There have been a handful of whitsleblowers trying to get any kind of attention outside of Congressional hearings and nobody is reporting on it. And Congress wasn't doing anything with it, which seemed weird given the election. Their intelligence community came to them (Congress) with proof reports have been manipulated and their answer was... dozens of Obamacare repeal votes? WTH? These are the guys creating reports that go to those making decisions on how we fight in the Middle East, not just vague accusations of military leadership ignoring the obvious or being ineffective.

All I can say is it's my gut feel that our society still imposes a stigma on whistleblowers. Ratting someone/something out is against such an old-school code. And there's another aspect of this, which is the arrogance of high ranking government officials holding a belief that nothing they do is wrong. There always seems to be a rationalization for bending the rules to protect themselves from any sort of scrutiny. These are only my opinions, based on very little evidence.....just my interpretation of the condescension I get from most governmental public reactions to any inquiries of their actions on such matters. It's the old 'say very little and shut it down' we get, with no reported follow up. Call me a cynic ...
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Granting General Mattis a Waiver - wildcats forever - 12-05-2016, 07:47 PM