Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle and the minimum wage increase
(07-20-2015, 10:01 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If McDonalds employees want $15 per hour, they can easily be replaced with an iPad.

I do agree that minimum wage is not enough to support a family.  I don't think anyone would disagree with that.  It wasn't meant to support a family though.  30,000 dollars per year for a high school kid to **** up a cheeseburger is insane.

I will add on top of this statement that for every teenager that doesn't deserve $15/hour, there is a skilled tradesman with nothing more than a high school diploma that is massively underpaid. 
I worked landscaping a couple of summers in high school, and there were adult men there making 9 bucks per hour to try to support their families.  Of course, after work, they'd go deliver pizzas to pay the bills.  Landscaping for $9/hour is maybe more insane than making mcflurries for $15/hour.  In my line of work, I come across a lot of guys that do a great job in really important positions that are underpaid.  The UAW and such will sometimes protect these workers and pay them a worthy wage, but all too often, I see dudes slave away all day for next to nothing.

It's a hard thing to balance.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle and the minimum wage increase - Johnny Cupcakes - 07-20-2015, 11:04 PM