Poll: Which position group needs the most love?
This poll is closed.
QB
1.35%
1 1.35%
WR
4.05%
3 4.05%
TE
0%
0 0%
RB
2.70%
2 2.70%
DL
25.68%
19 25.68%
LB
58.11%
43 58.11%
S
6.76%
5 6.76%
CB
1.35%
1 1.35%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement?
(12-06-2016, 11:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, a lot of fans are looking for one simple factor to lay blame on, when in reality it is a combination of things leading to a lack of success.  I made a post some time back about ".5 seconds", with the point of it being that our OL needed to give Andy .5 seconds more protection, and open holes for .5 seconds longer to allow run plays to develop.  I also continues to explain that the .5 seconds also applied on defense, as covering opposing receivers for just .5 seconds longer, on average, was the difference between QBs finding an open target, or being forced to throw the ball away, take a sack, or make an ill advised throw.

Personally, I feel that the root of our defensive problems lie in the change in coaching for the Safeties, and a general lack of speed and athleticism at the LB position.  I think that the DT and CB positions will get a huge shot in the arm next season, with a healthy Billings and Jackson making contributions.  I really feel like the LB position is the one lacking, as they don't have the overall speed and athleticism to stop people in space, when plays begin to break down.  I feel like this issue was masked a bit last season, when we were blessed with superior play from the Safety position.  Now, that our Safety play is average at best, this weakness at LB is magnified.

I think they're neck and neck,

I mean we need both in a bad way - DE, LB

We don't get any pressure on opposing QB's the vast majority of the time and that factors in as well. But I fully agree we need more speed at LB.

In fact, this teams needs can't be addressed by the draft alone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement? - bengalfan74 - 12-06-2016, 12:39 PM