Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump's phone call with Taiwan president risks China's wrath
(12-06-2016, 12:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So I guess Trump isn't the China Puppet that everyone has made him out to be?
Re-establising our relations with Taiwan is long over due.
If you want to get under China's skin, then we have to get ALL of our Asian Allies on board.

There's obviously no pleasing some of you.

If his attitudes are an indication then it appears Trump may be looking to disconnect the Russian-China "alliance".  This would be a sound strategy, as Russia and China dislike each other immensely and are only currently united due to their mutual dislike of the US.  As odious as he is, Putin is the preferable ally in that his countries ability to do long term damage to American interests is far less than China's.  A partnership of the US, Russia, India and Japan leaves China with no friends and no option but to play by the same rules that everyone else does.  No more currency manipulation and mass, state sponsored, industrial espionage.

I think our country has become far too scared of losing their perch on top of the mountain and have allowed fear and expediency to influence our decisions.  As I stated earlier, it is China that should be worried about annoying us, not the other way around.  Ultimately China has far more to lose as the US isn't the country with over a billion oppressed people who would love a chance to topple the current autocratic police state.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump's phone call with Taiwan president risks China's wrath - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 12-06-2016, 01:16 PM