Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
60+ votes to repeal Obamcare over six years...and the GOP still doesn't have a plan
(12-06-2016, 12:44 PM)Benton Wrote: I just wrote an editorial about that yesterday. Mitch McConnell over the weekend said pretty much the same thing, that it would be impossible to just snap your fingers and undo it, especially without a plan (paraphrasing).

And my first thought was "why did you waste tens of millions of dollars on something if you knew that even on the far remote chance you succeeded, that you'd ultimately have to repeal your repeal because you didn't have a plan?"

It's amazing how un-conservative the GOP has gotten.

Of course, some of it is due to Trump changing course and saying he wants to keep some of Obamacare. I wouldn't look for anything to change, definitely not heading into mid-term when they'll keep banging that drum saying they need the majority to undo the stuff they're now saying they can't undo.

He/they were building political capital for this year's election. Lathering up the masses in prep for a GOP sweep. Constant criticism of any negative aspect really helped in feeding the unrest growing nationally, regardless of political stripe. There was little or no interest in presenting an alternative. That wasn't their goal at all. Booting out the left was the goal.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 60+ votes to repeal Obamcare over six years...and the GOP still doesn't have a plan - wildcats forever - 12-06-2016, 01:35 PM