Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A different perspective on Dalton
(12-06-2016, 10:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, maybe it isn't that different.  But after what I saw against the Eagles, I will reiterate several points:

1.) When he is kept somewhat clean, he picks teams apart.  And by somewhat, I mean that without Ogbuehi out there, no one is getting an untouched shot, but he doesn't have very long.  He makes very quick decisions.  

2.) Even though he has almost no threat of a running game, he is still on pace for 4500 yards and only has 6 INTs in 439 pass attempts.  Only Carr and Stafford have fewer INTs(both have 5) with similar number of attempts.

3.) Despite a new OC, two primary weapons gone (not saying Lafell and Boyd are not capable, but they are in their first year with him), not having Eifert the first half of the season, and now not having AJ for three games, Dalton has completed 64.4% of his passes, has 3375 yards (on pace for 4500), 14 TDs, and just 6 INTs.  

I will say it again.  He may not be the best QB in the NFL, but he is the best VALUE and I think they can absolutely win a championship with him.

I've always liked Andy as a person and a QB.  There are other teams in the league that would give a right arm to have him.  What I like about him and this kid for the Eagles, (Wentz) is that they both move on from any bad plays.

Sidebar:  This kid Wentz reminds me alot of Dalton in his rookie year.  

The big differences are Dalton had Green and was groomed to start before he was even drafted.

Wentz has nothing close to Green, tons of passes dropped by receivers, and wasn't named a starter until the trade was made.

He also has a tendency to throw high like Andy did his first couple of years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A different perspective on Dalton - bengalguy71 - 12-06-2016, 02:40 PM