Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A different perspective on Dalton
(12-06-2016, 12:51 PM)Big Boss Wrote: To be fair, Ogbuehi isn't the only reason this team is 4-7-1.

True, but with a better RT and K, this Bengals team would be around 7-5 at the very least and fighting for the division. The other problems are minor in comparison. 

(12-06-2016, 03:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe we are seeing why teams with star wideouts rarely win championships. Dalton forced to spread it around and the offense shows improvement. Stafford this season too is proving that you don't need an elite wideout. It's certainly nice to have one, I'm not complaining, just something to note.

Love AJ Green to death, but I was saying the same thing years ago. Mainly because star WRs get QB money and all the teams with superstar WRs rarely seem to contend for SBs. All that said, I think it's clear the issue was at RT. We didn't improve just because Green was out. Fwiw, in 2014 and 2016 combined, Dalton has a 85.7 rating in 8 games without Green and a 88.8 rating with him. 

So his rating actually dropped some, although not nearly as much as anti-Dalton guys would probably think.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A different perspective on Dalton - Shake n Blake - 12-06-2016, 06:01 PM