Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want as the bengals number1 pick?
(12-07-2016, 08:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals structured Williams' contract so they could get out from under it easily if he didn't pan out.  They would save $2.7 mill if they cut him this upcoming off-season iirc.  

Foster is highly overrated, imo.  He is this year's Rey Maualuga, i.e. a guy that looked like a beast when surrounded with great talent that looks to be nothing more than a 2 down thumper when you really look at him.  He's suspect in coverage and hasn't shown much as a pass rusher, so he's not going to be a 3-down player, at least immediately. I just don't see how you can spend a 1st rounder on a LB that's not great in coverage and or a great pass rusher in today's NFL.

Watching the SEC CG, I saw Foster get lost in coverage, and give up a TD to a RB.  However, it really is tough to tell with Alabama's collection of talent.  They currently have 55 active players in the NFL.  You'd almost be stupid to not give their talent the benefit of the doubt.  Hell, even Andre Smith, who is a fat, lazy slug by most accounts, is still better than anything that we have to offer at RT this season...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you want as the bengals number1 pick? - SunsetBengal - 12-07-2016, 09:15 PM