Poll: Which position group needs the most love?
This poll is closed.
QB
1.35%
1 1.35%
WR
4.05%
3 4.05%
TE
0%
0 0%
RB
2.70%
2 2.70%
DL
25.68%
19 25.68%
LB
58.11%
43 58.11%
S
6.76%
5 6.76%
CB
1.35%
1 1.35%
Total 74 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement?
(12-05-2016, 08:52 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The defensive line, after the offensive line, should be ripe for an upgrade.  I looked at film from 2012 to the present and the entire defensive line, especially the right side, is much slower off the snap now than they were back then.  Even mediocre offensive lines stand them up in the run game.  The Bengals built their defensive line around the north to south bull rush against the pass and forgot the linemen also need effective lateral movement to close gaps against the run.  I like what I see in Geno Atkins but even he is getting to the quarterback a bit late hence his sack total is decreasing while his knock down or hurry statistics are increasing.  Carlos Dunlap is great at batting down passes but he's no longer a credible sack threat.  Michael Johnson is good at taking up two blockers but seeing him drop into coverage makes my stomach queasy.  Moving Margus Hunt from end to tackle makes lots of sense and I would like to see him get more snaps and maybe see Domata Peko get less snaps.  

Agreed on Hunt...but I can't help but think he has a lingering injury.  He was more bundled up than I was at Sunday's game.  I think he was still active, because an injury had him taking his massive parka off and stretching, but he didn't see the field on anything except extra points and FG attempts, I believe.  It is really too bad, because they are facing a stretch of less-than-mobile QBs and I would like to see him press the pocket and just bat down some balls in the middle.  

It figures he disappears from the lineup.  I thought he was finally contributing while getting snaps at DT.  Kind of works together with Peko being "protected" with fewer snaps...I will never understand this coaching staff's decisions on players.  I think Uzomah has been injured, but that guy showed flashes when Eifert was injured, and I was really liking the idea of seeing the two of them on the field together.  Of course, it didn't happen.... 

Nervous
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aside from OL, what position group do the Bengals need most improvement? - SHRacerX - 12-08-2016, 08:04 AM