Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merkel wants to ban the Burqa..
(12-08-2016, 05:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's not about the "rude" person winning. It's more about public safety for the woman dressed in the Burqa.

I get that it's not about that. But isn't it effectively the same thing? I feel like it's a tricky message: Be rude to those who don't behave as you please, and they might get "protected" by being banned to behave like that.
Seems to encourage bullying. Even it's not "about that".

(12-08-2016, 05:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No it's not extremely rare or frightening to me. But I have a simple rule, when in Rome. do as the Romans do.

If my wife and I were in Dubai, why can't my wife wear he String Bikini at the beach?
Why in the Netherlands can I not ride in the back of a taxi with my wife if the Shotgun seat is available?
Why can't I tip the servers in Korea and Japan?
In Russia, why can't I give someone a thumb's up?

Well, some of those are laws. Others are customs, and you're not forced to live by them - people might just be offended if you don't. You're not banned from offending people, though.
And the laws of islamic countries are no good comparison. We all are way better than those.

(12-08-2016, 05:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: In the US, what's European's trip with Ice Cubes? And you've never had Ice Cream and Soda mixed together? Why do you carry cash in your wallet? Use your card.

Well. Ice Cubes are great, Ice Cream and soda is just an abomination and again if you ever were to London you'd knew they hardly remember what real money looks like.

(12-08-2016, 05:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Do people in the US run around with their faces covered by Burqa's as part of their everyday routine? No, we don't, so do as the locals do. Otherwise you stick out like a sore thumb and are attracting unwanted attention towards yourself.

Yeah, so you attract attention. So what.
Your country is founded by immigrants from all parts of the world. They were baptists and drinkers and whatnot, different heritages, different customs... I do somehow agree with your rule in respect that what you describe would be the decent thing to do most of the times - but I don't think "do as the Romans do" should be a law or be foundation of a law.

(12-08-2016, 05:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Anyways, I believe that Religion should never over ride the laws of a land.

100% agreed.

(12-08-2016, 05:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If we are going to go after the Guy Fawkes people who wear masks, then we need to keep it even across the board. Singling one group out for anti-mask laws and ignoring another is discrimination.

Which kind of is my point.
Go after Santa Clauses...? They hide their face behind beards. Ban all kinds of mascots, because who knows what kind of creep wears that Tampa Bay Bucs pirate head (and look what he's wearing, he has to be a creep)...? Many people don't exactly show their faces in public.

(12-08-2016, 05:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And we don't believe in that here in the US.

LOL That sounded a bit condescending... (but that's ok, people staart being too nice to me anyways... :) )
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-07-2016, 12:52 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - hollodero - 12-08-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:13 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-09-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Merkel wants to ban the Burqa.. - Dill - 12-08-2016, 01:24 AM