Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential Conflicts of Interest
(12-10-2016, 05:22 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Clearly you delude yourself into thinking this is true.  But it's obviously a fictitious statement to us in the real world.

My opinions are based on my education and experience.  Where did you get your MBA?  Your Phd?  What companies have you advised? Have you ever sat in a Board meeting? Have you ever had to make the difficult decision to close a plant to save jobs at another plant?

Without any of that, how did you arrive at your opinions if not by being showered with sounds from the echo chamber? You think I "talk out of my ass" only because you don't know better, get your information from liberal echo chambers, and reject how the world actually works.

(12-10-2016, 05:32 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It most definitely, clearly is.

Hotel revenues are, without question, driven by supply and demand.  If you can convince me how Trump is actually going to gouge people at his Maro Lago hotel as a result of being POTUS, then maybe you're argument gets interesting.

But you should drop this, because it's an ignorant argument.  You're just regurgitating VOX and it's completely disconnected from how the world actually works.

Actually, my statements on this come from education and experience. From being an accountant for a corporation, from being an accountant for government, from understanding how the policies of one can affect the other because I have a background in both corporate and government finance as well as public policy and administration. I have never read an article on Vox, I purposely avoid just about all media sources. I read government reports. When I want information on polling I look at the polls, not the media interpretation because I actually understand them.

You are correct, though, hotel revenues are generated by supply and demand. But please, explain to me how public policy can in no way impact the demand side using monetary policy. Explain to me how the net gain can in no way be influenced by monetary policy even further and how regulations in no way impact gains. You may know business, but I know business and public policy. That's where my education and experience lie. Business doesn't operate in a vacuum that makes it untouched from the influence of the government. I mean, tell me how Trump being able to appoint a member of a commission tasked with handling labor disputes in no way can affect his own pocket when he has been dragged before them twice, soon to be thrice. This is also why businesses have trade organizatiins and the Chamber of Commerce, and why they spend money on lobbyists. It's because public policy affects their income.

Yeah, I'm the one that doesn't understand how the real world works. You should do stand-up.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Presidential Conflicts of Interest - Belsnickel - 12-10-2016, 03:22 PM