Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama looks to ban Social Security recipients from owning guns
(07-21-2015, 12:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You're not good with your money so you can't own a gun and receive Social Security?  Because of Sandy Hook?  Sure that all makes sense.  

And you all think this is a good idea?  Man I thought this would be a hanging curveball for you guys to knock out of the 'I don't agree with Obama on everything" park.

I think they are extending a possible decent idea into a fearful one:

Quote:The language of federal gun laws restricts ownership to people who are unable to manage their own affairs due to "marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease” – which could potentially affect a large group within Social Security, the LA Times reported.

Keeping guns out of the hands of those who cannot take care of themselves isn't necessarily a "bad" idea.  The question will always be where do you draw the line and who is drawing it.

Which is why we always fall back to its a right and everyone gets a gun who can pass the background check.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama looks to ban Social Security recipients from owning guns - GMDino - 07-21-2015, 12:05 PM