Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle and the minimum wage increase
(07-20-2015, 11:59 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't know the cost of living there, so a lot of it depends on that. $15 in western Kentucky isn't a bad wage. You can get a decent house, car and raise a kid. I'm guessing it doesnt go that far in Seattle.

But, overall, if the hourly wage offsets the tip, then I don't have a problem with people tipping. I've always had an issue that people think it's expected. If I get bad service, I tip less or not at all. If I get good service (or she's hot) I tip more. If the waitress is making $15 an hour, I'm probably not tipping much at all. And if the service is bad or the food is bad, I'll let somebody know instead of just not leaving a tip and hoping it's better next time.

That said, we generally grossly underpay our service industry workers. It's not so much about them not having the skills or education, it's about the ability to put up with the crap or the pressure. As an employer, my employees making a good impression and being willing to take some hot headed customers means a lot.

This....
I believe the minimum wage should be directly tied to the cost of living in the area.
You can live very well on $15/hr in my area, but it would still be difficult in DC, or the likes.

Does anyone think that the hotness of waitresses of will decline, if tipping dwindles ?
Confused

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle and the minimum wage increase - Rotobeast - 07-21-2015, 01:42 PM