Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle and the minimum wage increase
I've worked in the restaurant industry since I was 14yo (off and on over the yrs either as a primary or secondary source of income.)  It's pretty simple guys, and to me it doesn't make a difference if it's here in Cincy or NYC, we all know when and where we are supposed to tip.  Standard is 15%-20% (I usually leave about 25%) and it doesn't matter if it's applebees, Friches, or Carlo and Johnny.  Don't want to tip? then go somewhere you're not expected to.  And don't go to a high end restaurant trying to be Mr. bigshot and screw the server on the tip because you got sticker shock when the bill came.

I've never been to Seattle, so I don't know what cost of living there is like.  However I do know some fellow servers that have moved to LA or NYC, and while yes they are paid more per hour there compared to here the cost of living there is way more than here.  They need those tips.  And don't be the D-bag looking for an excuse not to tip.  I have seen ladies seek out the waiter to find out how much their date tipped, because many ladies don't want to be with someone that is rude to the help, so keep that in mind fella's ThumbsUp

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle and the minimum wage increase - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 07-21-2015, 02:52 PM