Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Admits His Threat To Lock Up Clinton Was Just For Show
(12-14-2016, 12:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't even like Trump, but I was ready to accept whomever won because that's how it works. (Sure thought it was going to be Hillary, not that it would have made me happy either.) That said, aren't you being kind of ridiculous here?

You're upset about him admitting he lied, because you'd prefer for him to lie some more??? Lol

If you don't already think the stage of American politics is lying to get elected, then you've never paid attention to all the promises that are given. Or at least you don't recall them later. People have been lying to get elected for an eternity, because if you don't lie, you don't get elected because everyone else will lie about what they will do. How's it going with Guantanamo Bay closed and our soldiers out of Iraq and Afghanistan while being super transparent? Lolol

Not saying it's a good thing, but it's kind of goofy to pretend like this is a new thing.

I'm not saying that Trump lying blows my mind, I'm saying the fact that he lies and then tells people he is lying while he is lying is the amazing part.  American politics is clearly about lying to get ahead, but Trump lies and tells people he is lying and they still vote for him.  I'm not here to debate right or wrong, but you have to see how interesting that is.  Unless I missed it, I don't recall Obama telling us during his campaign that he wasn't going to get the troops out of Iraq and was only saying it in order to get votes.  Again, not defending Obama, but the bottom line is that Trump lies in a way that is pretty novel.

Politicians lie, but normally you are told they are lying by people who aren't them.  This is like hearing through the grapevine that your wife is sleeping around versus her telling you "I'm sleeping around" to your face.

(12-14-2016, 05:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Trump is a very sarcastic person, so stop taking him so literally word for word.

Anyone who has payed attention to Trump for the past 30 years knows he says whatever is needed to serve his purpose, but I'm not sure I'd call that sarcasm.  Then again, maybe Obama was being sarcastic about how awesome Obamacare would be.  Damn, sailed right over my head!  That funny bastard!

Gary Johnson was probably joking about not knowing anything about foreign affairs, maybe we should have elected him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Admits His Threat To Lock Up Clinton Was Just For Show - Nately120 - 12-14-2016, 06:11 PM