Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising
That first drive he was targeted the whole time. He gave up multiple catches. That is why Guenther yanked Kirkpatrick off of brown and put jones on brown. Jones shut him down the whole game.  So you don't blame Kirkpatrick and the coaches do? I trust the coaches evaluation before I trust some hack like you pounding the table with cherry picked stats.  

(12-14-2016, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: PFF keeps track of some raw data that teams can use, but noit a single NFL team puts any credence in their individual rating system.

How would you know if teams don't use individual pff stats. You just stomp your feet and squeal that they don't. I guarantee teams use PFF individual stats. His 104 out of 112 indicates a far below average corner.

(12-14-2016, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that he was targeted a lot does not mean he was letting his guy get open. It just means Adam Jones was better. If Dre was letting his guy get open then he would not have ranked 18th in lowest completion percentage allowed.

That is a very important statistic. A qb would not target a corner if he had blanket coverage the whole game.  Why would qb's be throwing that much to a corner if he was giving blanket coverage.  THEY WOULDN'T !!!

(12-14-2016, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/29548/dre-kirkpatrick

Stop Rate 44% ranked him 34 in the league. That is about average. The only stat I can find that ranked him even average.

Against the run he gave up 14 yards per play which ranked him 100 which is close to the bottom of the league. Why would you not talk about his run defense.

15 penalties. Thats among the league leaders.

You still haven't even talked about his zero interceptions.For a guy targeted 112 times you would think he would have at least picked off a couple passes.

Even as a percentage of total tackles he still had a high percentage of missed tackles.

So by every standard he was either average or below average

PFF Stats WAY BELOW AVERAGE

Football Outsiders Stop Rate  AVERAGE

Football Outsiders Run Defense   WAY BELOW AVERAGE

Targets  WAY BELOW AVERAGE

Interceptions WAY BELOW AVERAGE

Missed Tackles WAY BELOW AVERAGE

Penalties WAY BELOW AVERAGE
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - J24 - 12-12-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - J24 - 12-13-2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - J24 - 12-14-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - jj22 - 12-12-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - wolverine515151 - 12-14-2016, 07:30 PM