Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White kids (with Trump sign) turn backs on black players
(12-15-2016, 12:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: How is this different from kneeling during the anthem?  I'm sure a lot of people feel personally disrespected by that.  Either you're free to express yourself or you're not.

I don't disagree with you, especially because trying to know their intentions is impossible. Only they will know if it was racially motivated because they didn't make it obvious that it was, and if it was it would have been before the Trump sign was involved. Too many unknowns to say either way.

I will say this, however, and that is that hate speech is something that hasn't been deemed as protected completely by the courts. That is one thing that, if this were a more overtly racist situation, would make it a bit different than the kneeling during the anthem. Disrespectt is disrespect in my book, but the courts have a mixed precedent with hate speech.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: White kids (with Trump sign) turn backs on black players - Belsnickel - 12-15-2016, 01:46 PM