Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions: ‘Real America’ is its own bubble
(12-15-2016, 03:34 AM)Dill Wrote: I never found Cliff Notes very useful.

What appeared biased to you? Can you refer me to some news sources you deem unbiased?  Just curious.

Hell' let's just focus on one paragraph for breivty sake:

Quote:After the election, I was repeatedly told that I live in something called a “bubble” and, because of that, I know nothing about my fellow Americans. Well, in the first place, my bubble is bigger than theirs — size ought to matter in this instance — and in the second place, I know plenty. Among the things I know is that Trump voters were played for suckers. After lambasting Clinton as a tool of Wall Street, Trump has so far named four Wall Street figures to his administration — three from Goldman Sachs alone — and an oilman is under consideration. And for the Labor Department, Trump has chosen Andrew Puzder, a fast-food magnate (Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr.) who is opposed to a decent minimum wage. This is fast shaping up as a Cabinet of billionaires and, just for leveling, the occasional millionaire. So far, ain’t no one who works with his hands.

First off, if we just consider popular vote as the author wants us to; his bubble is not bigger, just more crowded. We have no idea how many folks from the coast would have voted otherwise if it were necessary.

The author "knows" Trump voters were played for suckers, by suggesting thay have been dupped because Trump has named 4 members of Wall Street to his cabinet. he further dismisses them as not "working with their hands"; although he found it necessary to share with the reader his background of working with his hands; regardless of his current station.

I have no idea how the fact that Puzder opposes a "decent" minimum wage fits into the played for suckers slant.

I have mentioned sources before I consider to be fairly unbiased (yahoo, BBC), but i guarentee if it is an opinion piece it is biased; regardless of the publication.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions: ‘Real America’ is its own bubble - bfine32 - 12-15-2016, 02:37 PM