Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising
(12-15-2016, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches blame Dre for giving up two completions and a penalty.  they do not blame him for the TD where Hall got beaten.

I can show where teams do not pay free agents in line with the PFF individual rankings.  I did it before and will look it up to educate you if you insist.  What info do you have to show that NFL teams put any value at all on the PFF indiividual rankings.

Dre was targeted more because because Pacman was a top 3 CB in 2015.  If all the receiveres that Dre covered were open he would not have ranked top 20 in completion percentage allowed.

Because that only takes into account 11 plays for the entire season.

Why?  Are you not able to read the other stats on the page you linked? Hilarious

What about being 32nd is success rate and 18th in yards per target?
First prove that teams don't use pff individual stats before you make that claim.You have proven nothing.

The point I made was that they pulled him off of brown for his bad play on that drive. I never said anything about him being pulled for the td. Now your just making things up.

If he was giving blanket coverage they would not have targeted second most in the league. They would have gone to hall's guy or picked on one of the linebackers more often. Jones is not the only option to throw the ball to.

If a QB goes through his progression he has slot wideouts and tight ends to throw the ball to. If he saw Kirkpatrick and Jones with blanket coverage he would simply go to the tight ends, slot wideouts or throw the ball away.

High amount of targets , which might be higher because of pacman jones, still shouldn't be second in the league. Jones probably increased his targets by about 20 . That means if he was giving blanket coverage it would be 70 not 112 .  

Yards per play should be much worse if you include penalties into that. He gave up 118 yards in penalties . Probably more like 300 yards if you count hidden yards in those penalties because when a corner gets a penalty it's an automatic first down. 

This year in new england we had them 3rd and 15 . Kirkpatrick gets holding call 7 yards past line of scrimmage. Automatic first. They drive 70 yards for the score. That's 70 hidden yards. So yes penalties do factor into yards per play.

If these yards are included then his yards per play jumps to probably 11 yards per play and drops him into the bottom of the league in yards per play.

Stop rate also needs to factor in penalties. If a guy gets beat he grabs his guy. That means Kirkpatrick should have 15 more times he was beaten added to his stop rate, which would plummet his stop rate to below average.

I'll use a extreme example to illustrate to a novice like yourself. If a guy stop his guy 2 out of 2 times then he has a 100% stop rate according to football outsiders. What if he gets beaten 10 times during the same game, grabs him, and gets 10 penalties. Do you actually think his stop rate should be 100%? If you do stop watching nfl football. His stop rate is actually 2/12 which is 17%.

So you think corners shouldn't give a crap about run defense. Go tell that to the bengals coaches.

How about his zero interceptions and zero forced fumbles. You think good corners get zero interceptions and zero forced fumbles. Your a joke

Stop rate and success rate have to be very similar stats. That's why I only used stop rate. If you give up 2 catches out of 10 you stopped him 80% of the time.

Like I said before the only stats you can say he was average in is stop rate and yards per play. Both of them drop to below average when penalties are factored in. This means he was actually below average in every category.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - J24 - 12-12-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - J24 - 12-13-2016, 08:09 PM
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - J24 - 12-14-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - jj22 - 12-12-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising - wolverine515151 - 12-15-2016, 04:31 PM