Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best potential coaching vacancies/jobs: #4 - Bengals
(12-15-2016, 04:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For the Bengals, it's the case of overpaying for what you know vs overpaying for what you don't know. Bengals will always offer a good contract to someone they've had in their system for awhile even if they aren't deemed "worthy" of that contract. The team likely feels more comfortable in trying to get more out of that individual than taking a gamble on someone they don't know.

We'd be complaining the same way if the Bengals brought in an outside FA that under-performed.

I wasn't complaining about it at all, just stating the fact.  If I am a NFL Free Agent that played his rookie contract as a Bengals and I am looking for my "second bite of the apple", I know that any contract I sign at Cincinnati is very likely to be honored whereas if I go elsewhere and the team takes a nose dive or if I under-perform, I might be released.  I would think this would help the Bengals to retain folks.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best potential coaching vacancies/jobs: #4 - Bengals - SHRacerX - 12-16-2016, 12:35 AM