Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best potential coaching vacancies/jobs: #4 - Bengals
(12-15-2016, 09:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I already agreed with you that they should be 2nd.

Gonna disagree with the 1A and 1B though. You must not have been paying attention lately, because the last 4 games, he is...

94-133 (70.67%)
1,129 yards (8.49 YPA)
10 TD/0 INT

Bringing his season QB Rating up to 101.1, so whatever he lost there for awhile, it looks like he found it again. I like Dalton and think he's a good QB, and think Rodgers is a bit of a turd, but if Aaron Rodgers is back to being Aaron Rodgers, there's no competition there.

Wasn't claiming Dalton = Rodgers. Like I said, I think our roster > than theirs and that at least partially makes up for the difference at QB. Maybe Rodgers is back, but personally I'll need more than 4 games to be convinced after 1.5 seasons where he hasn't looked like himself. Not saying he was awful, but he averaged somewhere around 6.7 YPA over that span with a pretty mediocre completion %. Maybe he's totally back. We'll see.

(12-16-2016, 12:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Aaron Rodgers as the QB and they have a history of winning Super Bowls recently.

We also haven't won a playoff game in 25+ years. Until we do that...

Fair enough. The Pack haven't looked like that SB team in awhile, but Rodgers is obviously a great QB, despite the down stretch. I'm not hating on them. Just feel the Bengals should be almost as attractive of a job. We've had a good enough roster to win playoff games, just haven't had the right coach.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best potential coaching vacancies/jobs: #4 - Bengals - Shake n Blake - 12-16-2016, 12:58 AM