Poll: What value will we get in return for AJ McCarron?
Top 5 pick
Top 15 pick
Top 30 pick
2nd rounder
Two 2nd rounders
1st and 2nd round pick
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do we deserve for AJ McCarron?
McCarron isn't worth a top 2 rounds pick, and we missed out this past year to trade him.

Next year here are notable quarterbacks that will be on the market and possibly also trading block:
Tony Romo
Colin Kaepernick
Kirk Cousins
Sam Bradford (depending on Teddy's injury)
Jay Cutler
EJ Manuel
Mike Glennon
Jimmy Garoppolo

Are all of them great QBs? No. But many on that list have shown and done better than McCarron.

Browns have high draft picks. They also really like Tribusky. Who, if they wanted, could trade back for.
49ers will probably go with a QB in the draft.
Jets have Petty and drafted Hackenberg in the 2nd round.
Bears is a potential landing spot, but they could also draft a QB since they are up in the draft board.
Texans have probably learned NOT to trust a backup QB that only played in a few games the year prior before getting them.
Cardinals may also be a landing spot for McCarron, as their offense caters to pocket passers.

Honestly, I don't see McCarron really going anywhere due to not many open spots and also better options out there. Especially when looking at some of the QBs mentioned up there, McCarron doesn't rank near the top. One can argue money, but do you really think Kaepernick, Glennon, and Garoppolo are going to demand a ton of money? The answer is no.

Sorry, but I think we missed our trading window with him. I doubt we see him go anywhere. And if we do, I don't expect anything better than a 4th rounder.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do we deserve for AJ McCarron? - wolfkaosaun - 12-16-2016, 05:51 PM