Poll: What value will we get in return for AJ McCarron?
Top 5 pick
Top 15 pick
Top 30 pick
2nd rounder
Two 2nd rounders
1st and 2nd round pick
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do we deserve for AJ McCarron?
(12-18-2016, 12:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, for some reason I recall an all but spent Rex Grossman starting for Washington and sweeping the Giants who went on to beat the "perfect" Patriots in the SB.  The transitive properties of sports are a fickle thing.  

Anywho, shouldn't we take the Bears off the list of teams we are convinced will trade an absurd pick for McCarron?  They have Matt Barkley who is performing decently in spot-starts, so why trade a high pick for another late-round QB prospect (who is older) in McCarron?

I can't see the future, but I envision us keeping McCarron and then letting him walk when his contract is up, and possibly not giving enough effort/commitment required to get a comp pick.  Then again, I don't quite recall off the top of my head how that is evaluated.

It is primarily a function of the dollars of the contract.  The top 8 (I think) contracts to FA yield the 3rd round compensatory, if there is no "balancing signing" of another FA by the team that lost a FA.  I agree the Bears will likely roll with Barkley, but I still think the Jets, Browns, and Cards could very well be interested in him.  Maybe the Dolphins as well, but I am not sure of the contract status of Tannehill.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do we deserve for AJ McCarron? - SHRacerX - 12-19-2016, 03:09 AM