Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Cincinnati campus officer shoots and kills unarmed black male
(07-22-2015, 11:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: WARNING:  HYPERBOLE AHEAD

True, drunk drivers are more likely to kill you than a terrorist BUT doesn't this open the door for drunk drivers to be shot before they can potentially kill anyone?  I realize I'm intentionally slippery-ing up a slope here, but if I open fire on a guy who insists he is "Cool to drive" and then use his blood toxicology report along with statistics on drunk-driving homicides to back up my case that I was defending society from someone who could very well injure or kill innocents I wouldn't trust a jury to find me not guilty.

1. Never said he should be shot for being a drunk driver, which is kind of what you are insinuating here.

2. I just said he wasn't exactly unarmed. He was (as of now) reportedly drunk (why else hand a cop a bottle of booze?) and he tried to speed away after a struggle. 

Speeding away after producing a bottle of booze during a traffic stop, and potentially hurting the officer in the process (bruised legs) isn't unarmed. At that point he's a danger to the community. 

Remember that girl in Kentucky a while back, at a party and cops show up...tries to run from the cops in her car and pins a cop on it so he opens fire? 
Yeah a car is a weapon in these types of situations. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati campus officer shoots and kills unarmed black male - RoyleRedlegs - 07-22-2015, 11:29 AM