Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Cincinnati campus officer shoots and kills unarmed black male
(07-22-2015, 11:29 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: 1. Never said he should be shot for being a drunk driver, which is kind of what you are insinuating here.

2. I just said he wasn't exactly unarmed. He was (as of now) reportedly drunk (why else hand a cop a bottle of booze?) and he tried to speed away after a struggle. 

Speeding away after producing a bottle of booze during a traffic stop, and potentially hurting the officer in the process (bruised legs) isn't unarmed. At that point he's a danger to the community. 

Remember that girl in Kentucky a while back, at a party and cops show up...tries to run from the cops in her car and pins a cop on it so he opens fire? 
Yeah a car is a weapon in these types of situations. 

I'm not disagreeing, nor am I saying that I am debating your specific post, hence the disclaimers.  A generic rant I always had was that people don't really understand statistics or the likelihood of things enough to allocate proper amounts of concern or prevention.  I know people who are inordinately concerned some terrorist is going to kill them but then they don't buckle their seatbelts (mostly because they totally KNOW someone who only survived a crash because he wasn't bucked up) and drive too fast, and drive and text, etc..

At any rate, a drunk driver is going to dangerously operate a multi-ton missile that can, and too often does, seriously injure or kill innocent people.  Maybe we should at least be able to beat that person into unconsciousness for the good of society.  Don't mind me, I just want everyone beating each other.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati campus officer shoots and kills unarmed black male - Nately120 - 07-22-2015, 11:34 AM