Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle and the minimum wage increase
(07-22-2015, 12:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you have no savings? I don't, but that's my own fault. If I lost my job tomorrow, yeah, if I had to, I'd go to Walmart or work a minimum wage job ALL THE WHILE LOOKING FOR A JOB THAT SUITS MY SKILL LEVEL. But, it'd be MY fault for not being prepared for such an eventuality.

5 years ago, I quit my job for personal reasons. 3 months later, I found a job that suit my skills that was NOT a minimum wage job. I moved to a different state for better living arrangements and again within 3 months found a non-minimum wage job. I quit that job because I finally found the job that I'm currently working. My employable skill set is not exactly unique yet I was able to find a  job within a relatively short time. All this while I was in my mid-30s.

Anyway, the point being that while there are exceptions, by and large, if you're making minimum wage and you're not a teenager or a retiree, then that's generally your own fault for the decisions you made in life.

But in your example the job change was by choice.

I'm talking about sudden change forced on you.

And, no, are savings is nowhere what it should be.  But that is also a choice in that we have two kids and braces and band and and and...you get the idea.

Sometimes life does things to you and you have no part in the decision making process.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle and the minimum wage increase - GMDino - 07-22-2015, 12:39 PM