Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why are we ALWAYS blaming Marvin Lewis?
(12-19-2016, 10:50 AM)Clappington Wrote: Name me another coach that has stayed the coach for 14 years with no playoff wins?  Why should we cut him some slack?

(12-19-2016, 11:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Name me another NFL Management Team that has retained their jobs after 26+ years with no playoff wins?

The problem is that both statements are accurate.

Bengals management has overseen the longest current playoff victory drought in the NFL.

And, the head coach has achieved NFL record setting levels in playoff futility.

Both deserve a great deal of blame. Both are responsible for their own failures. Neither can be let off the hook or given a pass by saying the other is more to blame. Looking at them separately, both management and the head coach have failed in respect to their own specific responsibilities.

But, it's even more complicated when you consider that the head coach, for at least the past few years, has been a part of management in terms of making decisions. Mike stated a couple years ago that Marvin and Katie were basically running things, but Marvin and Katie have also said that Mike is still 'involved' in every aspect. 

Who's going to hold who accountable? I don't know that internal criticism plays much of a factor within their circle.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are we ALWAYS blaming Marvin Lewis? - Bengalholic - 12-19-2016, 09:48 PM