Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 first round draft picks? Possibly.
(12-19-2016, 01:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopefully no offense is taken, but it seems like OP is biased towards Ohio St likely because that's what OP has watched the most.

Elflein and McMillan are both solid players, don't get me wrong. But neither has really ever exhibited game changing ability.

Elflein may very well be a first rounder, but definitely not early enough to be picked in the top half of the draft. He's a mid-20's pick at best. However, it's also very possible Elflein is available in the early second round, as he does have his flaws and isn't that much better than Pocic.

McMillan is consistently graded as a second rounder. In fact, he is very similar to Kendell Beckwith in terms of skill set and production. Beckwith is projected for rounds 2-3.
Neither Beckwith nor McMillan has shown to be worth selecting over Foster or Cunningham.
You seem to value PFF's opinion, so here's an article from PFF claiming Foster is the best, most complete LB in college football.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-reuben-foster-is-the-best-most-complete-lb-alabama-crimson-tide/
They also have Foster as the first ILB taken at pick #8 in their latest mock draft from just 6 days ago, followed by Cunningham at #20.
Foster definitely seems to make more impactful plays than McMillan from the games I've watched on both of them, and he seems faster on the field.
Cunningham is a tackling machine, having over 200 combined tackles and 30 TFLs over the past two seasons. He's also rated as one of the top LBs in coverage, expected to be better than Foster, McMillan, and Beckwith in this area for ILB.
u are right that I watch pay but I generally watch the entire big ten conference for the most part. I have watched players like foster and beckwith and do feel like McMillan is the better lb. Everyone has differences of opinion. As I've said before elflien will be picked where Martin was picked last year. I am very high on him and as a Jeremy hill supporter getting elflien would make hill a top 8 back just running ISO up the middle. He is easily a significant upgrade over bodine. I watch conferences in general not specific teams, though a tad biased for osu
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 first round draft picks? Possibly. - Jpoore - 12-20-2016, 01:32 AM