Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Brown, please step down..
You know, I really thought that was going to happen back after the 2010 season. I don't if everyone remembers, but there were all sorts of rumors flying around. (Marvin getting canned, Marvin resigning, demands being made, ultimatums, etc.)

I really thought the most likely scenario was that he forces the issue, and just moves on. I knew then what I know now, that Mike wasnt going to be pressured into doing anything. But I thought Marvin would. I actually believed he was tired of the lesser facilities and resources, tired of the lack of spending, tired of being undermined with personnel decisions, tired of no real front office help, tired of wearing 3 hats (HC, Co-GM, scout). I figured he was ready for a fresh start and the appropriate resources and support.

I was wrong. Big time. Then came that infamous and awful press conference. He got squat. He didnt get that indoor facility he was "keen on", he didnt get any big name hires to the staff, or any notable free agents. He got dick. He sat and giggled and gave bs, canned replies. It was clear then, as it is now, that he's a yes man. A puppet. He's the kiss ass at work that values dollars and the upstairs approval over all else, namely having a backbone.

And worst off all? Hes a smug prick. He could two shits about what the average fan thinks about him. Hes made that perfectly clear numerous times. Hes not only not going to feel bad or compelled to change his approach, he wont spend a second worrying about it.

I wish he would sack up too, but the man is a *****. Hes getting his checks and obviously this is plenty of good enough for him. Its no wonder his team doesnt demand greatness from themselves. The owner doesnt and the coach doesnt. Why should they?

Hey, Marvin. Eat shit.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Brown, please step down.. - Wes Mantooth - 12-20-2016, 01:59 AM