Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younger players...
(12-19-2016, 05:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This just scrolled on the ESPN Right-side feed. THIS is one of the reasons Marvin must go.

Katherine Terrell
ESPN Staff Writer

Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younger players because they're out of the playoffs. Said they're going to do anything they can to win the next two games.

I'm in the camp which thinks winning at the end of a losing season is important for momentum into next year.  

I'm also sick of the recently drafted guys not getting their feet wet enough so when they need to step up we are lacking and see a drop off which for me has been the story of the year (alongside the assistant coaching changes/flux).

I don't see the two ideas as mutually exclusive...if the vets were so damn good we would not have the W/L record we do.

- I want to see Westerman at some point...pull Boling who they say is injured anyway, rather he be 100% for next year
- Keep Fisher at RT
- Maybe get Ced O on some limited snaps at LT though I am worried about Dalton
- Definitely want to see Derron Smith / Fejeldem play with Iloka
- Dennard instead of Adam Jones on the outside for more snaps.  Only really seen him in the slot so we need to know if he is ever going to be CB1 /2...if not then we better make sure WJIII is ready next year.
- Vigil instead of Dansby/V Rey

What I'm not that bothered about seeing is Will Clarke...we've seen a fair bit of him and frankly do not see him as a MJ upgrade. We need a new RDE in the draft

I'm not that bothered about AJMc. Only want to see him if in making some OL changes Dalton is getting hit too much. Also I think from a trade perspective he has some value at the moment...I kind of think .vs. the Texans and Ravens Defenses he is not going to tear it up and may only give people doubts and impact potential trade value.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younge... - sonofstat - 12-20-2016, 06:24 AM