Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Huizenga says people must be responsible for own health care costs
(12-20-2016, 08:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2016/12/sons_broken_arm_bill_huizenga.html

See?  It's OUR fault for the rising cost because we use the services we are paying for!

Stupid people!  You should wait until the next day to make sure that are in broken, or that inability to breathe is a cold or pneumonia!

Why are wasting the money of those poor providers?!?!  

All seriousness aside "repeal and replace" is starting to sound more like "Screw you...you'll pay what we say and if you're lucky you'll be ble to afford some care if any."

I just don't get it.  Everything he mentioned, both pro and con, are already in place.  He didn't mention a single idea which is new.  He seems to suggest we need to get rid of Obamacare because it 'forces healthcare providers to do what many consider unhealthy' without providing any examples and shift the cost to the patients.  Those are a couple of Obamacare's biggest criticisms!  Obamacare was intended as a safety net for the uninsured.  It was never meant as a Cadillac plan. Which means in order for monthly premiums to be affordable for most, they pay higher copays with larger deductibles.  So usually they are paying out of pocket until they reach their deductible.  Huizenga basically just proposed replacing Obamacare with Obamacare.

Because the reimbursement rates are so poor, many doctors won't accept it.  (Medicaid reimburses as little as nine cents on the dollar.) So it forces providers to do what many consider unhealthy.  I've ran into the same problem with employer sponsored insurance forcing me to order tests I don't need before I can order the test I do need thus increasing the overall cost to the patient.  So again, Huizenga basically just proposed replacing Obamacare with Obamacare.

Problem is Obamacare affects less than 20% of us and it sounds like Huizenga wants to come up with an Obamacare replacement which will negatively impact the rest of us in the same way and for the same reasons he wants to get rid of Obamacare.  It's idiotic, but people will support him without understanding because all they hear is "get rid of Obamacare."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Huizenga says people must be responsible for own health care costs - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-20-2016, 10:27 AM