Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Huizenga says people must be responsible for own health care costs
(12-20-2016, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: But many also pay a copay and have a deductible and paid for the insurance to pay the doctor too.  And Hospitals trying to make it back on the insurance companies and people like you and me is also part of the problem.

Do some abuse the system?  Sure.

Do we throw the baby out with the bathwater because of it? I say no.

For the vast majority of patients I have encountered, they have some sort of cost share to visit the doctor.  In most clinical settings, if the patient can't pay, they aren't seen.  The exception being most major ERs due to the EMTALA law.

About the only exceptions I've noticed are the AFLAC policy holders who will come in with a trivial injury which they can easily take care of at home without being seen by a medical professional.  There are a few people who are looking to get out of school or work (your basic malingering), but they are a very small minority and the vast majority of work/school excuses are legitimate in my experience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Huizenga says people must be responsible for own health care costs - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 12-20-2016, 11:16 AM