Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younger players...
Regardless of the reasons I have no problem with still trying to win the last few games with the best players you have. No player on the team, new or old wants to lose even if they're not going to the playoffs. The idea that you're going to see if the young players can cut it or not while not trying to win doesn't mean squat. Putting all young guys out there knowing that you'll probably lose doesn't get you much so they might as well go out on a high note instead of just hoping that the guys who didn't play much all season will suddenly turn into superstars just because they got to play the last few games isn't proving anything. 
I don't have a problem letting them play, but the whole point of even bothering to play is to win the game, not to see if the guys who couldn't get on the field all season are going to shine in a losing effort. Think about the starters sitting on the bench watching the team get beaten badly then imagine them even wanting to return the following season.. Doesn't make sense..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younger players... - grampahol - 12-20-2016, 12:49 PM