Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younger players...
(12-20-2016, 03:00 PM)sonofstat Wrote: The extended game time/ real experience is important I feel.

Often in the off seasons have we heard about Xy & z player looking really great in practice (Ced, Dennard, Vigil) and it does not always translate.  Proper game experience in a dead duck season is valuable....its the one and only advantage /positive we have over playoff teams so why not use it???

Look at Fisher...if he only got the first few snaps you saw .vs. the Eagles I would have said he's another Ced level bust - nearly got AD killed when he whiffed on Brandon Graham early on. Now he's just finished his first start and it was not a complete disaster with even Lap saying he could be a keeper.  If he shows even more in the last 2 games that maybe one less position off the shopping list...

Look at Erickson...if you only gave him the first game or two you would have said it was a mistake to cut Tate.  Suddenly he gets more experience and he's become a return asset and cheaper then the vet incumbent.

now think if Vigil shows something, Westerman shows something,Derron Smith shows up better than Williams at Free safety,  TJ Johnson , Dennard on outside CB....

Its a chance to see what we really have in these guys and if 1 or 2 of them take the opportunity with both hands and in the process take some positions off the board as a need then that can only be good

Precisely my good man, you get it. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis with a quick "No," when asked about possibly testing younge... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-20-2016, 03:48 PM