Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Brown, please step down..
(12-20-2016, 05:14 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Wish you could've seen it too. As much respect I have for Paul Brown and Forrest Gregg, Sam Wyche is my favorite Bengals coach to date. He could go from a reasonable soft-spoken man to 'hair on fire' in a heartbeat. Losing him was step one toward futility. 

Some quotes from the day before that game...

Sam: ''We've never taken anything off anybody. We'd rather let the other guy make the dumb mistakes. If you're going to win a championship, somewhere along the line you have to take a smart pill.''

Glanville: ''Cincinnati said we're scared because we're close to winning the division. Scared? We haven't been scared of no one and nothing in a long time. Around here and across the border we're known as the bad boys, and in England, they call us the hooligans."

Boomer: "''It's always more of a fight than a football game."

Robert Lyles: ''Do they want to show up and play physical? Or do they want to try to trick us the sissy way?''

Then, from after the game...

Sam: ''I just don't like Jerry Glanville. I don't like phonies, and I don't think Jerry is a very genuine guy. The cheap shots they tried after our quarterback was down, their big mouths. Jerry tries coming up and talking to me before the game and when the cameras start rolling he puts his arm around you and smiles behind those dark glasses. When your football team is so talented and yet so undisciplined, you got to be ready to get kicked and the score run up on you. And that's exactly what happened today.''

Lewis Billups: ''I saw defeat in their eyes."

Glanville: ''They played an excellent game and we have no alibis, no excuses."

Good times!  :andy:
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Brown, please step down.. - Bengalholic - 12-20-2016, 05:42 PM