Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Huizenga says people must be responsible for own health care costs
(12-20-2016, 01:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: In theory, that sounds good.  But, can you give me an example of one market which is truly a free market?

Look at the trends in healthcare right now.  Smaller networks are being bought out by larger networks, creating 'super-networks.'  This is happening on both the care side and the insurance side.  The larger your organization the more leverage you bring to the negotiating table to bargain for more favorable terms.  Larger hospital networks can negotiate better reimbursement rates.  Larger insurance companies can negotiate lower reimbursement rates.  Anytime there is a free market someone is trying to "corner the market" IOT charge whatever they want. 

Those state lines which act as barriers didn't occur in a vacuum.  Businesses look out for their own welfare in the political arena as well.  It's just another tool they use to "corner the market."

Yeah, everything would be pretty ruthless wouldn't it ?

I guess that in my mind, I was thinking of the industry having a "reset".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bill Huizenga says people must be responsible for own health care costs - Rotobeast - 12-20-2016, 08:24 PM