Poll: C'mon man, THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!
A. Jake Butt, TE Michigan - Aaron Hernandez killed like a dozen people, but Gronk and him was a SWEET idea...
B. Jabril Peppers, S/LB Michigan - Did Ed Reed have a baby with Ray Lewis and they shipped him to Ann Arbor?
C. Mike Williams, WR Clemson - Uh Boyd as the #3... Did my brain just explode? Greatest Show on Turf Part Deux.
D. Leonard Fournette, RB LSU - Sorry Jeremy, but hey, he did go to LSU.
E. Derek Barnett, DE Tennessee - RG3 is going to be shaking in his boots.
F. Malik McDowell, DE/DT Michigan State - Sorry Domata, but hey, he did go to Michigan State... Cya.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What college PLAYMAKER do you want the most?
(12-20-2016, 05:58 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I can't see the logic taking a receiver in the 1st again. packers seahawks patriots cheifs don't have a true number 1 go to receiver and even a team like the cowboys dez bryant misses some games their fine. lions are fine without megatron

Given the options in the poll, Williams would be my pick.  Butt is a reach for depth behind Eifert.  Peppers has bust written all over him.  McDowell really seems like a better fit for a 3-4 team.  Those guys are easy to eliminate.

I'm not as high on Barnett as most around here.  His production is inflated by his coaches moving him around into favorable matchups and guessing at snap counts, which causes him to get caught offsides a good deal.  He's definitely a 1st round prospect and fills a need, but I don't think he's worth a Top 10 pick or that he's that much better than guys who may fall to us in the 2nd like Charlton, McKinley, or Walker.

Fournette would be a big upgrade and RB is a big need with Peerman and Burkhead FA's after this year, Hill entering a contract year with his play declining, and Gio trying to return from injury.  However, a deep RB class, concerns about his ankles, and his decision not to play in his team's bowl game drop him below Williams.

If Williams is available when we pick, he'll be the BPA and #2 WR is a huge need.  LaFell is serviceable, but a FA and could easily be upgraded.  Boyd has shown to be nothing but a possession receiver.  Wright is worse than Tate.  Core is an unknown.  Erickson is a good returner, but nothing more.  WR's get massively overpaid in FA, and we can turn a weakness into a strength relatively cheap for 5 years.  Plus, the WR class in round 2 is fairly weak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What college PLAYMAKER do you want the most? - Whatever - 12-20-2016, 09:32 PM