Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Honestly excited about next year
(12-21-2016, 10:15 AM)Trademark Wrote: Now that I think about it I am actually looking forward to next season, especially since we will more than likely have a top 10 draft pick. Imagine what we could look like next season with Billings and Geno and hopefully Jackson can start next season too. Him and Kirkpatrick could make a great duo. If we bring Pacman back maybe we could move him to the slot or a safety position since he is getting older.

I can see there are others who feel more as I do. I don't see much changing next year.

We're set to lose some more free agents again this off season. Zeitler, Whitworth, Kirkpatrick, LaFell, Peko and Dansby are all starters with expiring contracts.

The handling of the offensive line has been the most baffling all year and there seems to be some sort of man love going on with Ogbuehi that I just don't understand at all. The talk of him taking over at LT when he completely failed at RT makes no sense.

Zeitler is a guard and Mikey Brown has never paid a guard top dollar, so we should not be surprised to see Zeitler depart. His potential replacement is Westerman who has played for exactly 0 (zero) snaps.

Who knows what the front office will actually do. They could make a push to keep Kirkpatrick or they could just low ball him and he'll have plenty of suitors if the Bengals don't re-sign him. So then we'd be looking at Dennard taking the #2 spot unless Willie Jackson beats him out.

Dansby and Peko are probably the easiest to replace.

So, with all that, the thing that concerns me most is the OL. They are coming off their worst year in a long time and it could get worse if we don't re-sign Whit and Zeitler, and I expect one of them to be gone. If we have to go with Ogbuehi at LT, then I think the offense will be sunk before we even get to the gate.

Lastly and certainly not leastly, the coaching won't change at all. Nothing will change with the coaching methodology, lack of discipline, game planning or in-game adjustments. And we can count on the exact same uninspired leadership.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honestly excited about next year - BengalChris - 12-21-2016, 11:12 AM