Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Mora's Past Is The Bengals Present
(12-20-2016, 08:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: No....he was actually growing frustrated with the way things were being run in NOLA and quit.....rather famously driving off in his Benz....during his last season.  I don't remember 100%....but I think GM Jim Finks had been let go.  Finks hired Mora after Bum Phillips resigned....and helped Mora build the team.  I followed the Saints almost as closely as the Bengals back then.  One....classic underdog.....two.....they played in the division of those damned 49ers !  I actually have a poster of The Dome Patrol Defense to this day.......Swilling...Mills......Johnson.....and Jackson.  Jeff Blake too. LOL

Poor Blake. The Bengals could never give him a run game or defense, and ultimately they used him as a scapegoat while benching him repeatedly. He gets on with the Saints, leads them to their most exciting season in years, and gets Wally Pipped. 

(12-21-2016, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And they only had 2 winning seasons in the 9 years after he left.

Mora went 24-32 and missed the playoffs 3 straight years before parting ways with the Saints.  He went 6-10 the year the Colts fired him.  I have defended Marvin as long as he took us to the playoffs.  Too many people around here are spoiled and act like it is easy to make the playoffs.  But after this losing season I think Marvin should be replaced.

Why do you think Marv should be replaced for one losing season after making 5 consecutive playoff trips?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jim Mora's Past Is The Bengals Present - Shake n Blake - 12-21-2016, 02:27 PM