Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Honestly excited about next year
I don't share the same pessimism as many of you. I believe n xt year they'll bounce back into contention and possibly finally get over the hump.

I'm as down on Marvin as anybody. I've written several times in various threads how this season bears an uncanny resemblance to 2006, right down to the liable kicker and mental mistakes and injured QB the previous season.

However, as in 2005, and in 2015, I feel many of us here believe(d) our team(s) had a legitimate shot at winning the whole shebang if not for our injured QB.

Under that light, all is not lost when Marvin returns next season. He's built 2 legitimate contenders; currently still has the second one. We have hope!

Even with the optimism I have for next season, I realize some players and/or coaches may not return.

If re signing Zeitler or Dre means Whit is on the outs, then we've got to make that decision. Whit is on the back nine while the others are just teeing off, so that's a no brainer. Hopefully Whit will re sign at a discount to see this thing through. But we can't trade him in for the future and Zeitler and Dre have got to be apart of that.

I also believe management need to accept the fact that they desperately need another stud LBer and/or pass rusher via FA. I think the secondary is sufficient despite what many here believe. We need a better pass rush to ease the burden off the secondary.

We are pretty talented at the skill positions on offense, even at WR and RB by committee.

because Marvin will be here next season, the two major changes I believe need to happen are A) sign an established FA at LB or DE (I prefer LBer) and B) for the love all things good, never ever ever take the foot off the gas again!!

To paraphrase Tom Brady 'I've seen too many huge leads evaporate for us to ease up on an opponent'.

Please Marvin, ingest those words and incorporate them into a Tshirt or something!

We can win even with Marvin and a few changes!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honestly excited about next year - Devils Advocate - 12-21-2016, 02:37 PM