Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Honestly excited about next year
(12-21-2016, 02:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The roster is aging and they've lost a lot of key players in free agency and will continue to...and haven't replaced them with capable young players. That's the reason for pessimism.

Marvin had a Top 3 roster in the NFL for 2 seasons...and was unable to win a playoff game. Chew on that one.

I did chew on it and it tasted like they coulda won last year if not for Andy's injury -- just like in '05 and Carson's injury. I hate to play 'what ifs' but honestly, without those two injuries it's very possible we're two time Super Bowl winners.

I get that we're aging; none faster than Whit though so if there's any chance of contending and continuity his future must be considered. Most of The rest of the roster is ok as far as age.

It's funny because right up til this year, hardly anyone thought we weren't the best drafting team in the league. Now all the sudden we can't draft worth shit. I disagree. Yeah, we may have missed on Ced, but that remains to be seen. The Oline needs work, no doubt, but you can't say they haven't addressed in the draft except at Center and until this year, Bodine hasn't been all that bad. I do agree that he needs replaced pronto.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honestly excited about next year - Devils Advocate - 12-21-2016, 03:03 PM