Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Honestly excited about next year
(12-21-2016, 05:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They had a lead late last year and melted down with personal foul penalties and a fumble. They were undisciplined. They were poorly coached.

The bottom line is it's not bad luck that we've failed to win a single playoff games for 26+ years. You point to Dalton being injured last year. The Steelers beat us without Bell. Blaming injuries and using the woulda/coulda/shoulda is the lament of the loser. The bottom line is...we didn't win.

To say we're the best drafting team in the league...is false also. Our past 3 drafts have been fairly bad.

I believe everyone would agree that it takes a lil' (good) luck to win a championship. So certainly (bad) luck plays a part in some way, for some teams, in not winning a championship as well. Twice bad luck has dealt the Bengals a bad hand and that also plays a part in finishing 4-4 in the final 8 last season. You can overlook this, you wouldn't be wrong, but that doesn't necessarily make me wrong either.

To be clear, being one of the better drafting teams was a generalization that's been typed time and time again on these boards and even in the national media. Those weren't my words or my opinion necessarily.

I can't say this team is well coached. I can't say they're a disciplined team either. However that fourth quarter in last season's playoff game was a tale of discipline on both ends of the spectrum; same for coaching.

At any rate, you may see things how you see them, I can't say that you're wrong. But let's not pretend luck isn't a factor. That simply isn't true.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honestly excited about next year - Devils Advocate - 12-22-2016, 12:15 AM