Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Honestly excited about next year
(12-22-2016, 12:15 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I believe everyone would agree that it takes a lil' (good) luck to win a championship. So certainly (bad) luck plays a part in some way, for some teams, in not winning a championship as well. Twice bad luck has dealt the Bengals a bad hand and that also plays a part in finishing 4-4 in the final 8 last season. You can overlook this, you wouldn't be wrong, but that doesn't necessarily make me wrong either.

To be clear, being one of the better drafting teams was a generalization that's been typed time and time again on these boards and even in the national media. Those weren't my words or my opinion necessarily.

I can't say this team is well coached. I can't say they're a disciplined team either. However that fourth quarter in last season's playoff game was a tale of discipline on both ends of the spectrum; same for coaching.

At any rate, you may see things how you see them, I can't say that you're wrong. But let's not pretend luck isn't a factor. That simply isn't true.

Maybe luck plays a factor in 1 season. But EVERY single NFL Team has won a playoff game since we last have. EVERY.

And guess what? We still have largely the SAME MANAGEMENT TEAM in place.

It's not luck. We have the same coach also who has been to the playoffs...what 7 times and won 0 times.

It's not luck. We're performing exactly how we're aligned to perform.

Fans are just happy that we aren't perenially 3-13...and we did make the jump to respectable. But the jump from above average to great is pretty sharp too...and we're just not aligned to make that jump.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honestly excited about next year - THE PISTONS - 12-22-2016, 11:56 AM