Poll: Will you willingly watch Texans game on Xmas Eve?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You plan on watching the Xmas Eve night game?
(12-22-2016, 03:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember Christmas night '89 against the Vikings?  Playing final game of the year on Monday night with a playoff spot on the line.  Not only do we lose and miss the playoffs, but the AFC team that made it because of our loss was the Steelers.  The network had a camera on them celebrating when we lost.

That '89 team had the #4 scoring offense and the #7 scoring defense.  We outscored our opponents by more points than all but two other teams in the league.  That team had a good chance to make a playoff run, yet we finished 8-8.

Remember it like it was yesterday.  Boomer really faded down the stretch with a severe shoulder injury that he tried to work through.  Precision was a key cog for that offense and he really lost accuracy with that shoulder.  

I was actually in Florida with my family on vacation.  Sophomore year in college.  Watched it in some cheesy bar at the hotel....there were steeler fans cheering on the Vikings.  Yep, they have ruined a number of Christmases, but I keep coming back for more... Cry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You plan on watching the Xmas Eve night game? - SHRacerX - 12-22-2016, 04:38 PM