Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown doesn't care about you...
(12-21-2016, 11:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True true. I count that as the beginning of the Mikey era, and boy did he start it off with a bang. Firing a good coach. Then he had a choice between Dave Shula and Bill Cowher and made the choice based on who he could relate to more. 

For the sake of my previous post, I didn't count Wyche because I don't feel he canned Wyche for reasons that were entirely performance related. Almost seemed like Mike wanted to make his own stamp on the franchise or butted egos with Wyche, although admittedly I'm not totally sure what went down there.

I'll never forget reading Paul Brown's biography where this gem came up:

Mike went to see Paul (it wasn't long before Paul passed away) and decided to talk to Paul about this young college QB named David Klingler. Paul told him to stayed away from Klingler because there was something about him that Paul didn't like.

Whatever

Later we get to hear from Mike Brown, "David Klingler is the QB you'd least like to face in 10 years."

Whatever
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown doesn't care about you... - Bengal Dude - 12-22-2016, 05:08 PM