Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Brown doesn't care about you...
(12-21-2016, 02:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Spot on for the most part. Now this doesn't mean coaches never get it wrong or that fans are never right, but yeah I can see HCs having that mentality...and with good reason. With Mike Brown, I partially think he stubbornly wants to prove he was right, but I also think winning is just a secondary priority to him. Because of what happened to his father 50+ years ago, he's made it his life mission to be overly loyal to coaches. To give them the support he feels his father never got from Modell.

Little did we know, the very thing that enabled the Bengals to exist (the firing of Paul Brown) would come to be the thing that hindered them for 3 decades and counting. In a 26 year span with 0 playoff wins, Mike has fired exactly 2 head coaches. That's unbelievable. The only coach he fired in a timely manner was DlCK Lebeau. Dave Shula was given so much leash that he was able to break the record for quickest to 50 losses. Coslet quit when he should've been canned, and obviously Marvin has had at least 3 points where a reasonable organization would've fired him.

He's also only fired one offensive coordinator his entire time here. Bob Bratkowski.
Granted, Ken Anderson was demoted from OC, but remained on the team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Brown doesn't care about you... - wolfkaosaun - 12-22-2016, 05:13 PM